<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://solitaryspark.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Solitary Spark: What If? You need some inspiration and practice...

Sunday, August 4, 2013

What If? You need some inspiration and practice...

During my undergraduate career, I took a course in fiction writing that left me with a textbook I highly recommend for any fiction author.



Available on Amazon for about $50, What If? Writing Exercises for Fiction Writers (3rd Edition) is a great investment if you'd like a ton of writing exercises that focus on different important elements of creative writing including beginnings, character development, voice, dialogue, plot, etc.  The authors also guide you with pointers with each exercise that are very helpful and often result in an "Ah-hah" moment if its an element where you were previously stuck.  In fact, you'll probably see me refer to this book often in some of the exercises I share on this blog.  If $50 is out of your price range, you can also purchase the 2nd edition for about $20 on eBay as I'm sure it's not too different.

Please feel free to offer any other book suggestions in the comments.

Follow on Bloglovin

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home